Newsletter Week 7 Spring 2020
We are extremely proud to announce that our school has been categorised as a green school for the second year running. This the result of the dedication and hard work of pupils, parents, staff, the Governing Body and the community. It is this hard work that makes our school the special and unique place that it is.
A HUGE THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR HELP AND SUPPORT
- 10th Feb- Internet Safety workshop for parent/grandparents- 2.30 in the school hall.
- 11th Feb- Internet Safety Day
- 12th Feb- PTFA Valentine Disco 3.00- 4.30
- 14th Feb- Mini Vinnie Church Cleaning
- 14th Feb- Yr. 1 Assembly
- 17th Feb- Finish School for half term
- 24th Feb- Return from half term
- 24th Feb- Yr. 4 Swimming programme begins FOR 3 WEEKS
- 24th Feb- Welsh Week
- 26th Feb – Yr. 5 and Yr. 6- Internet Safety with Gwent Police
- 26th Feb- PUPIL AND PARENT PRAYER AND REFLECTION DAY- ALL ARE WELCOME
- 28th St David’s Day celebrations- Pupil Eisteddfod in the afternoon.
- 5 th March World book day- Come as a character
- 5 th March- All parents welcome to a drop in session focusing on how to support your child with the national tests.
- 6 th March- International Women’s day
- 6 th March- Fair Trade Coffee Afternoon- 2.00 onwards
- 12th March- Parent “Keep calm and Carry on Session 9-11 in the hut
- 13th March- Mini Vinnie Church Cleaning
- 20th March- Mother’s Day Liturgy- Yr. 5 and 6 pupils and female role models- 2.30
- 20th March- PTFA Mother’s Day gift Sale
- 26th March “Wear orange” for Alzheimer’s awareness
- 27th March- Wear a hat day-
- 30th March- 3 rd April- In School Easter Liturgy Services
- 3 rd April EASTER Bonnet Parade- FP and Decorated Egg competition for KS 2
- 3 rd April- Finish school for the Easter Holidays
It is very important that your child has the right start to their day ON TIME. Children who arrive late miss learning time, important instructions, or explanations. It also causes the learning of other pupils to be interrupted. Please ensure that your child is in school on time.
12 th February
PTFA- VALENTINE DISCO 3.00- 4.30
Please wear red or pink. Pupils to be collected from the parish hall
Blessed are the poor is spirit,
For theirs is the kingdom of heaven
Blessed are those who mourn,
For they shall be comforted
Blessed are the meek,
For they shall inherit the earth.
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
For they shall be filled
Blessed are teh mercifu,
For they shall obtain mercy.
Blessed are the pure in heart,
For they shall see GOD.
Blessed are the peacemakers,
For they shall be called sons of GoD
Blessed are those who are presecuted for righteousness’ sake,
For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for my sake.
Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
A big thank you to Year 2 for a thoughtful assembly You are a credit to your teacher and to your family. Da iawn.
Safer Internet Day
Digital Leaders would like to invite you to a short presentation focusing on how to keep safe online.
Monday 11th Feb at 2.30
New Curriculum for Wales
The new curriculum for Wales is available to view on HWBplease take a look.
If you have a spare hour or even two, we would welcome your help during the school day or with an after- school club. Please see a member of staff if you could help. School clubs will continue after half term.
School are collecting crucifixes from around the world If you are going away over half term and would like to donate one, we would love to display it on our school display
Fair trade Coffee and cake 6 th March 2.00
Please join us for an hour, Mrs Lewis and the Fair-trade Committee will host a coffee morning to raise awareness of fair trade and its products
Free School Meals
If your child is eligible for Free School Meals it means that, they can enjoy a healthy and nutritionally balanced meal. Your child is eligible to receive Free School Meals if you are entitled to one of the following.
- Child Tax Credit- providing you are not entitled to working tax credit.
- Income Support
- Income based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance.
- The Guarantee Element of state Pension credit.
- Support under the Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 Universal Credit.
Please speak to Mrs Griffin in the office she can advise you on how to apply.
“Keep Calm and be happy”
Workshop for parents to offer advice and support on how to help your child to stay calm and happy.