Newsletter – Autumn term
7th December Flu Immunisation
All pupils from Reception to Year 6 will be offered flu inoculation from NHS. Details and form will be sent home.
Please can you make sure that the office has up to date contact details
Please follow us on Twitter- you might not be able to come into school at the moment, but you can still see the lovely things that we are doing.
INSET DAY- 14th December
School Inset day- We are holding a school inset day on the 14th December. The local authority need to undertake essentail work to the IT systems within the school and need access to the classrooms. It would be sensible for us to limit the number of people on site due to the current COVID- 19 restrictions and rules.
Additional Inset days will be in the Spring and Summer term; we will notify you of dates as soon as these have been confirmed.
Own clothes day 13th November
Thank you for your generous donations to Children in Need
Year 5 and Year 6
If you would like your child to walk home, please can you send in a short letter or email to confirm permission
Christmas Lunch-16th December
Chartwells have confirmed that Christmas Lunch will be on the 16th December. Please book using the usual system by the 7th December.
Due to the increase in incidents regarding online
safety, social media and online gaming; please can we draw your attention to the following link.
Child protection and Safeguarding
Please report any concerns or worries to the Designated Officer or the Deputy Officer
Mrs Smith and/or Mrs Euden
Just a quick reminder
- A staff member will be outside in and around the staff carpark and or school playground to help you with any queries.
- WHEN LEAVING THE SCHOOL GROUNDS AND IN THE STREET. PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU ARE FOLLOWING THE 2 METRE DISTANCE LAW AND REFRAIN FROM MIXING WITH OTHER HOUSEHOLDS.
- Children need a clearly labelled coat especially in Foundation Phase where pupils are inside and out throughout the day.
- Only 1 adult to drop off and to collect your child. You may need to bring a younger sibling, but we would be grateful if would keep them with you at all times and prevent them from running off.
- Please do not smoke, vape or bring dogs to the school gate or within the school grounds.
- Please do not sit or lean on the residents wall, while you are waiting.
- Hair needs to be tied back and no jewellery (watches or rings especially these are a major distraction to learning). Please can you keep hair accessories to a minimum e.g. no oversized bows or hair clips.
- We are trying to limit the number of people on site, therefore we have to limit access to the school office- please phone or email if you have information that you need to pass on.
- PLEASE DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD IN IF EVEN SLIGHTLY UNWELL- DO NOT SEND THEM UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. PLEASE CONTACT NHS DIRECT AND THE SCHOOL TO ADVISE US
The advice around coronavirus remains the same and in the event of your child displaying any of the symptoms, during the school day as outlined by public health Wales, the child will be isolated and parents must collect immediately and isolate for 14 days and follow NHS advice. If a staff member displays symptoms as outlined by public health Wales, the staff member will not return to school for a period of 14 days after symptoms have occurred – this would result in the year group having to self-isolate for 14 days.